The Proc1C10N Gigabit Ethernet frame grabber is ideal for AI, compute-intensive, and low-latency high-bandwidth applications. It consists of Gidel’s powerful Proc10N FPGA module and the Proc1C PCIe carrier board.
The Intel® Stratix® 10 NX FPGA incorporates embedded Tensor blocks and integrated HBM2 memory offering an unprecedented level of processing and memory bandwidth performance. The Tensor blocks achieve 143 INT8 TOPS / FP16 TFLOPS, 15X more compute performance than today’s powerful Stratix 10 MX. The ultra-low latency 3-D stacked HBM2 DRAM offers 10X more DRAM and SRAM bandwidth than discrete DDR4 and QDR memories.
The off-the-shelf carrier-board solution supports: PCIe Gen.3 x16 host interface, 4 x QSFP28 for up to 400 Gb/s aggregated bandwidth, Gidel PHS connector for mounting daughterboards, and 19 x GPIOs for peripheral system control. The PHS offers up to 128 Gb/s Rx/Tx enabling, for example, to connect 8x CoaXPress-12 cameras (CXP-12 daughterboard available via Gidel).
- Broadcasting, Image-Processing and Video Analytics
- Grabbing from 100+ high-bandwidth sensors with real-time image processing
- Compression and AI application, all running on a single FPGA.
- Security: deep packet inspection, fraud detection, etc.
143 / 286 INT8 / INT4 TOPS or 143 / 286 Block FP16 / FP12 TFLOPS
Ultra-high bandwidth 8 GB HBM2
Selective ROI acquisition
Option for on-FPGA compression
Vertical: 65 K lines
19 x GPIOs
Gidel PHS connector for daughterboards
The Gidel Proc1C carrier board uses only one of the three Proc10N connectors. The two additional connectors available on the Proc10N board can be used, per user design, for additional 400 Gb/s bandwidth, RDIMM interface and many additional I/Os.
Gidel offers tailoring services for quick development of a carrier board according to the customer’s system requirements.
Grabber option #1: InfiniVision
- Enables using many synchronized cameras and/or to grab compressed images/videos.
- All the cameras' data, including from multiple boards, is organized in a single buffer.
- Each camera can have different resolution, and pixel format, and may be changed on the fly.
- The frame grabber can have one or more instances of InfiniVision, and all cameras of the same InfiniVision instance must be synchronized.
The ProcFG and InfiniVision are each supported by its unique GUI and API suite for developing the user application. For description of ProcFG and InfiniVision, refer to the Options tab.
FPGA Programming Suite:
The Gidel grabber boards are supported by the ProcVision Suite enabling tailoring, debugging, and verification of the FPGA image processing and data flow.
Customization can be based on the InfiniVision or ProcFG flow, and can include multi-instances for supporting unique multi-camera topologies, as well as, image processing and compression.