The Proc1C10M Gigabit Ethernet frame grabber enables unprecedented level of processing, system compactness and cost performance. It consists of Gidel’s powerful Proc10M FPGA module and the Proc1C PCIe carrier board.
The Intel® Stratix® 10 MX FPGA offers 10X more DRAM and SRAM bandwidth than discrete DDR4 and QDR memories. Gidel’s Proc10M module is designed to enable easy use and immediate accessibility to this powerful technology for computer-based, embedded systems and edge computing.
The off-the-shelf Proc1C carrier-board solution supports: PCIe Gen.3 x16 host interface, 4 x QSFP28 for up to 400 Gb/s aggregated bandwidth, Gidel PHS connector for mounting daughterboards, and 19 x GPIOs for peripheral system control.
- Compact Broadcast and Image-Processing solutions
- Grabbing data from multiple fast edge sensors
- Image enhancements, processing, recognition, compression and AI inferences, all running on a single FPGA.
- AI training leveraging 128GB density, HBM2s’ huge bandwidth and the FPGA’s massive logic and DSP blocks
7,920 18 x19 MAC
Selective ROI acquisition
Option for on-FPGA compression
Vertical: 65 K lines
19 x GPIOs
Gidel PHS connector for daughterboards
The Gidel Proc1C carrier board uses only one of the three Proc10M connectors. The two additional connectors available on the Proc10M board can be used, per user design, for additional 400 Gb/s bandwidth, RDIMM interface and many additional I/Os.
Gidel offers tailoring services for quick development of a carrier board according to the customer’s system requirements.
Grabber option #1: InfiniVision
- Enables using many synchronized cameras and/or to grab compressed images/videos.
- All the cameras' data, including from multiple boards, is organized in a single buffer.
- Each camera can have different resolution, and pixel format, and may be changed on the fly.
- The frame grabber can have one or more instances of InfiniVision, and all cameras of the same InfiniVision instance must be synchronized.
The ProcFG and InfiniVision are each supported by its unique GUI and API suite for developing the user application. For description of ProcFG and InfiniVision, refer to the Options tab.
FPGA Programming Suite:
The Gidel grabber boards are supported by the ProcVision Suite enabling tailoring, debugging, and verification of the FPGA image processing and data flow.
Customization can be based on the InfiniVision or ProcFG flow, and can include multi-instances for supporting unique multi-camera topologies, as well as, image processing and compression.