FDB series, comprising FDB 16 and FDB 27/66, are the smallest mid-range FPGA modules available on the market, ideal for custom PCIe or standalone, size-constrained systems. The FDB modules offer a powerful combination of Intel Arria 10 FPGA with high DRAM performance of up to 10 GB @ 25.6 GB/s, and up to 16 x 14.2 Gb/s transceivers (2 are Rx only) at an affordable price range. The FDB modules are supported by Gidel’s DRAM controller enabling:
- Splitting the physical DRAMs into up to 16 separate logical memories, all operating in parallel.
- Accessing simultaneously each logical memory by multiple sequential ports, each with its own clock and data width. For example, a 128 MB FIFO may be automatically generated by Gidel’s tools utilizing a 128 MB logical memory with a single write port and a single read port.
To reduce risk, development time and time-to-deployment, the FDB modules are supported by state-of-the-art development tools and a PCIe carrier board enabling to start developing immediately the application and FPGA code.
The FDB modules are ideal for diverse applications, including:
- Embedded systems.
- Compact Broadcast and Image-Processing solutions enabling to grab data from multiple fast edge sensors and to perform image enhancements, processing and compression.
Key features FDB16 (Arria 10 160 GX):
FDB27: Intel Arria 10 270 GX
FDB66: Intel Arria 10 660 GX
FDB27: 12.8 GB/s
FDB66: 19.0 GB/s
FDB27: 2 GB
FDB66: 9 GB
FDB27: 12 or 16 (2 Rx only)
FDB66: 12 or 16 (2 Rx only)
FDB27: Up to 42x3.0V, 4x1.2V, 52x1.8V
FDB66: Up to 42x3.0V, 4x1.2V, 52x1.8V
FDB27: 58mm x 62mm
FDB66: 58mm x 62mm
The FDB modules have been designed for use with carrier boards to enable tailoring solutions that reduce risks, costs and time to market. User carriers may incorporate any combination of I/Os and configuration schemes. Gidel offers a PCIe developer’s carrier board allowing the FPGA designers to immediately begin developing their application and proprietary FPGA design.
Gidel offers tailoring services for quick development of a carrier board according to the customer’s system requirements.
The FDB series is supported by Gidel’s Proc Dev Kit and ProcVision Suite:
- Enables immediate mapping of board resources to the application needs including tailored host interface and dividing the DRAM into application logical memory units by automatically generating an ASP (Application Support Package) optimized to the system requirements.
- Enables tailoring high-end grabber(s) and Imaging/Vision acceleration flow in an intuitive and simple manner by customizing the ASP, software and the FPGA design code.
- Enables virtualization via parallel access of simultaneous multiple applications on the module FPGA . For example, firewall and compression may be accelerated simultaneously on the same FPGA and controlled by independent applications.
PDF file - 683 KBDownload
System block diagramOpen
The compact FPGA module range at a glanceOpen
Gidel founder and CTO Reuven Weintraub explains the benefits of Gidel's Intel-based high-performance FPGA modules for fast and easy developmentWatch